Empower yourself or your institution through a training or facilitation. I offer workshops and coaching sessions in science communication, strategy development, and more.
Recent and Upcoming Events
Helping Science Inform Policy:
Tools for Engaging State-Level Leaders
Presented by ACS Sacramento
Instructor: Ben Young Landis with Gabby Nepomuceno PhD
January 11, 2020 | Davis, California
Browse our growing portfolio at www.cr8xt.com/tag/coaching or peruse select offerings below.
To inquire about booking a workshop for your university, organization, or conference, please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Connecting with Your Audience: Tools for Effective Science Communication — A lively, interactive primer on conversational scicomm for technical professionals. Created and taught by Ben Young Landis
- AdSciComm: An Exercise in Getting People to Care About Science — A team-based workshop helping current scicomm professionals further flex their creative freedom. Created and taught by Ben Young Landis
- Helping Science Inform Policy: Tools for Engaging State-Level Leaders — An introduction to California state legislative policymaking and policy communications. Taught by Ben Young Landis with expert guests
- So You Want To Be a Science Writer: A Tour of Careers and Pathways — A fun introduction to science writing careers geared for undergraduate and graduate students. Taught by Ben Young Landis
- Personal Branding Coaching — A three-part, one-on-one service helping individuals explore and map their vocational fit and career advancement strategy. Developed and guided by Ben Young Landis
- Storytelling Résumé Coaching — Personalized coaching and editing of professional résumés using storytelling skills and formats. Guided by Ben Young Landis
Select Clients and Conferences: UC Santa Cruz Coastal Science & Policy • UC Davis University Writing Program • UC Davis First-Year Seminar Program • UC Davis FUTURE • Sonoma State University • Sigma Xi Annual Meeting and Student Research Conference • Science Talk ’19 • Science Talk ’18 • SCONC Think-n-Drink • SETAC North America Annual Meeting • NorCal SETAC Annual Meetings • Duke University Nicholas School of the Environment • Delta Science Fellows Program • California Department of Water Resources Quality Assurance Program • CCST Science & Technology Policy Fellowship • California Council on Science and Technology (CCST) • postdoctoral researchers and professors • early and mid-career professionals
Praise for Trainings
This course has helped me to distill my research ‘story’ to communicate the importance of my work to any audience. Every scientist needs more training like this!Krista Hoffman PhD, President, NorCal SETAC (For “Connecting with Your Audience”)
The ‘Helping Science Inform Policy’ workshop helped me better understand the legislative process and learn how to effectively engage policy makers. This knowledge will allow me to enhance my ability to communicate my scientific work to staffers, aides, and representatives in the legislative branch.Sara Garcia PhD, Project Scientist, UC Davis Western Institute for Food Safety and Security (For “Helping Science Inform Policy”)